Username: Password:

Author Topic: SERVER UPGRADES ETC  (Read 7237 times)

Online ZOOL

• UGN Managment
  • Administrator
  • Mega-Power nOOb
Re: SERVER UPGRADES ETC
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 02:50:54 AM »
Hey Guys

OK so I've updated the server with the new AI. All seems to be working well SO FAR..... I did have some issues which i have seemed to have ironed out. :confused2:

SO how this new AI works....

Helli Parra Drops... I have set a few random "Trigger" points around the "BATTLE ZONE" What these do is, if anyone passes within 400 meters it will trigger a helli to spawn 3km away. These hellis will then travel to the triggered zone and parra drop 4-5 bandits.

Missions......
Armed vehicle
Crash spawner
Disabled civ chopper
Disabled mil chopper
MV22
Weapon_cache
&
Convoy..... This one gets interesting. AS i have set these to the same as the Parra drops, meaning when this mission comes on & players respond, while shooting the AI from original mission they also trigger the Parra drops. So an extra 4-5 bandits to kill.

ALL AI are bandits :love7:
Kills count into your bandits killed :love7:
Kills will give you 200 humanity :love7:
&
If a player comes within 100 meters of the mission ALL there vehicles get written into database... Meaning unlike old AI you can now fix, use or sell the AI vehicles

Over the next few days i will play around with more setting.
If the new AI seem too easy I can enable a setting thats makes them stupid HARD & if they are still too east i can re-enable SARG AI???

Just sit n see how thing go.

Cheerz
ZOOL 

bung

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 10:47:17 AM »
Thanks Zool, I have read this to all the guys in TS and will continue to update newer guys as we go.

Can we get the towing system in as soon as possible to allow lone players to to the mission vehicles to the relevant trader to sell.  I have noticed on some servers they have removed the camo net off the hero trader to stop vehicles glitching in it and blowing up.

Bung

Offline DanSolo

• -NRU- Member
  • nOOb
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 06:20:17 AM »
ZOOL, Main, Bung, and Friends,

Thank you for your work to constantly improve this game.

I just logged on, went to sell my tanker, a UAZ flicked it's lights at me, I politely honked, and then they blew me up and sent me to Elektro.  Couldn't get my keys before server restart.

Oh NOES DayZ suffering!!

Hey, this new AI is NextGen for sure!

I was tempted to add a discussion about AI onto this post (server upgrades), but to do so may be considered  :sign7:

I'm going to start a new post.

- Dan

bung

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 10:11:15 AM »
Just an update guys.  The DayZ Ai have been on the server now for about a week or more.  They can be seen on the ingame map, by virtue of coloured circles and cross hairs etc.  Dont forget there are also the Wicked Ai still on the server, they are mainly in the war zone area, (Lopatino), but on other parts of the map as well.  These you do not see on your map.  Some folk have termed them "Ninja" Ai.  For the few interested members that stay in touch via the forums, feel free to offer pro's and con's on server upgrades and suggested changes.  However in saying this I stick to one of my very firm rules, do not criticise for the sake of criticising, offer a plausible solution.

Now on to something that I am thinking of putting forward, and that is to have 2 channels in Teamspeak, one for the younger folk on the server and an adults ony channel.  I have nothing against the younger folk, however at my age im finding it difficult to often uderstand them, and no longer have the patience to put up with their non stop, useless and incoherrant chatter.

What do you think.

Bung

Offline Busbify

• nOOb
  • [Enter Personal Message Here]
    • -NRU- NOOBS 'R' US
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »
As far as the AI are concerned, I am happy with them. If not, I want more.

And as for the TS Channel dilemma, I completely agree with you Bung. However there should be nothing to stop the younger gamer's (like myself) from accessing the older  (more mature) gamer's channel if need be. I'm sure this system would work well because I understand that us younger people babble on and speak nonsense (speaking for myself) and creating separate channels would end confusion and frustration.
... and at the end of the DayZ

Offline MaineRoad

• Administrator
  • Pro nOOb
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 12:41:02 PM »
And there is the reason I have a channel Called "Maine's Quiet Room"

Offline Busbify

• nOOb
  • [Enter Personal Message Here]
    • -NRU- NOOBS 'R' US
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »

Well that's a room for Main only isn't it..
... and at the end of the DayZ

Offline MaineRoad

• Administrator
  • Pro nOOb
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 02:28:45 PM »
Dunno, who's this Main character ?
Quiet people who only speak when necessary, are more than welcome in my channel though.

bung

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 05:59:16 PM »
we shall see what the replies bring,  Thanks Busby for replying, i will be guaging the response from the members, to see who actually checks the forums, and keeps up to date with what is happening.  But as for your reply on the channel access, if you younger guys come to channel announce yourself and excuse yourself and ask a proper question then leave, I see no problems with that.