Username: Password:

Author Topic: DayZ server  (Read 15827 times)

Online ZOOL

• UGN Managment
  • Administrator
  • Mega-Power nOOb
DayZ server
« on: April 28, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »
Hey guys, gals & supernoob.

Our Dayz Server is up & running on ip 113.21.225.123:2302
The server is running DayZ epoch Mod download Via DayZ Commander Or www.dayzepoch.com
Come & join & kill some zombies & maybe some other players :sign4: :thefinger:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:54:24 AM by ZOOL »

Online ZOOL

• UGN Managment
  • Administrator
  • Mega-Power nOOb
Re: DayZ server
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »
Hey Guys I've updated the Dayz Server to 1.0.2.3 Change log( http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php/Changelogs)

I have also tweaked the AI a little. More should spawn & they can now fly all armed Helli's UH1Y, UH!H, Mi17, UH60 & Chinook. So the Skies around the war zone are full of all types now  :toothy3:

Edit.... Sampler has also increased the ram on the server so hopefully this should help with the lag issues when server gets full. :love7: :happy2:

Cheerz
ZOOL
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:39:32 PM by ZOOL »

bung

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »
hey Zool,
           Mate I know your super busy, and I spoke to main a couple of days ago, and know that you are wanting him to learn the server box programs etc, to help you out.  But I mentioned to him some things that really need some attention and he was intending to talk to you, and get back to me.  But I thought I might mention them here for your info as I believe they need some attention sooner rather than later.

Firstly I must mention the really bad lag and frame rates and kicks we are all suffering from lately, it is becoming increasingly frustrating for all.  I dont know what the cause is, so I have no suggestions, but im sure you do, but can we skip the first one that tells me to get stuffed, hahahahaha.

2.  Can we raise the degredation rate from 6 days to something like 14 days, or at a rate more suitable to real life requirements, that affect players.  Lots of guys coming back into the server to find their bases gone.

3.  Can we raise the AI intensity to create a harder environment, most guys want this, and now that the server is inhabited by mainly regulars they are ready.

4.  Also can we put in the AI missions as well please.

5.  Can we also put in the Master Key script to allow admins to unlock vehicles that have become locked in some fashion by the not so smart players on the server.

6.  If possible and if it has any bearing on the lag issues, remove the additional excess buildings in the server similar to the apartment buildings in Balota, and half the buildings in the larger cities, lag and frame rates seem to be most affected when travelling through the larger towns.

7.  Any idea when the server will update to the latest patch, some of the regulars in their wisdom, ( I use the term loosely) had auto updates on and downloaded the new patch and cannot get back onto our server.  They removed the current server version so no one can roll back.

8.  I have sent an email to Maine with the links to the sights for the above mentioned scripts and other details, so he can send them to you if you need them.

9.  Sorry to bombard you with this, but I dont have any other contact means at my disposal, and I did not feel it was important enough to chase you through work, but I get asked these questions and more every day by the guys on the server.

Regards

Bung

The bearer of bad news

Offline Sampler

• Administrator
  • Pro nOOb
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 10:34:02 AM »
who the hell let bung in here with a list >?!?!?

bung

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 05:57:35 PM »
You love me Samp you know you do,  hahahahaha. Im still adorable

Offline Sampler

• Administrator
  • Pro nOOb
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 05:08:00 AM »
Would the DayZ guys be keen to look at playing the full version (standalone) when released, I am under the impression there has been a lot of work done to reduce all the "lag" issues in the game code ?

Cheers

Sampler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Mpxtl4Rdg#t=47
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:10:56 AM by Sampler »

bung

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 08:34:41 AM »
I will check with the guys Samp, Im sure they will.  I checked the video, and its still an early alpha atm.  They dont indicate whether its Epoch, or DayZ, I beleive there is a difference, but will check.

Offline scrotee

• -NRU- Member
  • nOOb
  • Having a ball....
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 04:12:46 PM »
I agree with everything bungs says......

:laughing4:

Offline Sampler

• Administrator
  • Pro nOOb
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »
I agree with everything bungs says......

:laughing4:

You just want that warm feeling from him again im sure ....

bung

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 08:46:23 AM »
Zool - Samp - To whom it may concern.

As previously discussed, we are still looking at including the Ai scripts/mods to the Epoch server.  Any idea on ETA, or update as to how far we have progressed with the research/testing.

I have also been having a look at some additional Admin Tools.  Found a decent Asset and player tracker, that helps to track players, their actions and objects within the game.  It gives you all player owned assetts, key numbers colours, safes and codes etc, so that obsolete assets can be removed from the server, as well as the obvious Policing of the server against Tards.  See ; http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2689-dayz-epoch-admin-tracking-tool/

Not sure whether this is of any use to you zool, but here is a little program to assist in the installing of mods to reduce bugs: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3585-epoch-mod-installerconfigurator/

Ok that is all im finding at the moment, will post up any other helpfull stuff if I find it.

Bung

Online ZOOL

• UGN Managment
  • Administrator
  • Mega-Power nOOb
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 01:17:07 PM »
Hey bung im off this weekend.  U shall spend some time with you & Scrotee  on the dayz server setups n such

Cheerz
ZOOL

bung

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 08:29:46 AM »
ok, cool mate,  missed your on Saturday, got some chores to do Sunday but should make it on by lunch

Offline MaineRoad

• Administrator
  • Pro nOOb
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 02:54:24 AM »
Well I've had my first go on the server box and I've managed not to break anything (well not for long anyway, Sorry TS users :sad5: )
Anyhoooo, AI missions are now installed and working, so Bung, away you go. Get shooting those bandits, lots of lovely guns and ammo to grab.

bung

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 11:42:27 AM »
Yeh found it last night, Thanks Maine, your worth more money, I will bring it up at the meeting.

Online ZOOL

• UGN Managment
  • Administrator
  • Mega-Power nOOb
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 12:38:35 PM »
Hey Guys

Tried to update server last night. All went well up until tried the map. Unfortunately our current custom map doesn't seem to want to play.  So update works with standard map but not ours. So I'll have another crack at it this afternoon when I get home from work. 

Sorry guys updates don't always go to plan.....

ZOOL